In response to the historic and current systemic racism and discrimination that profoundly impact the addiction treatment field, NAATP staff and Board members are working on commitments to a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion action plan starting with Self-Examination, Elevating voices of People of Color, and Raising awareness and transforming the field. In order to move forward, we are asking the field to help connect us with experts in this area.
Call to Action
NAATP is looking for individuals who have experience in addiction treatment or personal recovery and wish to contribute to a dialogue on the changes needed to increase access to care for SUDs.
Topics to Include:
- Equity in admission to treatment
- Inclusivity in the workplace environment
- Creating a safe treatment environment for diverse clients
- Cultural competency in treatment approaches
- Anti-racist organizational and public policy advocacy