Responsible for assisting staff and patients in developing and implementing a comprehensive program of vocational rehabilitation services that will result in patients' involvement in employment, skills training, or education activities. Directs and/or coordinates those pre-vocational and vocational activities which will help patients develop and achieve vocational rehabilitation goals and function successfully in competitive employment. Facilitates access to needed community vocational/educational service providers.
• Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks:
• Implements plans to meet compliance for vocational rehabilitation services as directed.
• Reviews or interviews patient's personal and voc/ed history information to determine the patients’ skills, education, aptitude, abilities, trait, interests’, potential and desires.
• Assist the patient with the development of realistic short- and long-term vocational goals.
• Administers and/or utilizes vocational tests and other assessment instruments to provide information on patient's achievements, interests, and aptitude.
• Develops appropriate vocational/educational treatment plans with patients incorporating the results of vocational tests and other related information, when available.
• Reviews occupational, educational, and vocational information and opportunities with patients.
• Provides information to staff and patients on trends in the job market to ensure patients are not directed toward potential low employment positions.
• Promotes vocational services and opportunities through a variety of forums at the clinic level (through staff meetings, bulletin boards, newsletters, etc.).
• Initiates team meetings to discuss patient vocational activities when needed.
• Establishes working relationships with community organizations in the area of education, skills training, and employment to facilitate patient access to services.
• Participates in committee meetings as directed.
• Prepares monthly and other reports on vocational issues as requested on a timely basis.
• Establishes pre-vocational or vocational groups for patients.
• Provides documentation on all patients seen by VRC in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
• Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
• Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
• Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
• Participates in the development of other staff members.
• Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements.
• Identifies learning strengths and need; utilizes learning resources.
• Participates in Professional Organization as part of staff development activities.
• Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families, and significant others.
• Displays courtesy, tact, and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community.
• Maintains a communication link with State employment offices, designated agencies, training intuitions, educational intuitions and other agencies that would be a source of securing employment and training.
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary.