Main Areas of Responsibility:
As Illinois’ largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts about a diverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development and on-site clinical supervision to individuals pursuing certifications and licensures.
Substance Abuse Technicians are responsible for:
• Monitoring, observing, and ensuring the safety and well-being of clients in a substance abuse treatment program
• Providing motivational and educational support and guidance to assist clients in meeting therapeutic goals
• Scheduling and coordinating client transportation and assisting with planning client recreational events
• Supporting treatment plans by reporting client observations and contributing to decisions concerning therapy, discipline and privileges
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalency required
• Minimum of 6 months of training or equivalent knowledge of substance abuse treatment theory and practices
• Previous work experience with the program specific population (adolescent/adult) in a residential or outpatient setting is preferred
• Must be able to respectfully interact with substance abuse clients and form a working therapeutic alliance
• Valid driver’s license in state of hire and good driving record required
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females and individuals with a disability and protected veterans.