As Illinois’ largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts about adiverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval.
In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development and on-site clinical supervision to individuals pursuing certifications and licensures.
Our Residential Substance Abuse Counselors are responsible for:
• Preparing and facilitating group counseling sessions, educational programs, and lectures to assist clients in meeting therapeutic goals
• Conducting individual counseling to provide crises intervention, support & guidance, and address client behaviors and personal problems
• Documenting clients’ progress and responses to treatment
• Maintaining client records; ensuring records are complete, accurate, and up to date
• Monitoring clients in medication self-administration
• Ensuring client safety and well-being
• Monitoring client behavior during social, recreational, or daily activities