Main Areas of Responsibility:
Joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts about a diverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development and on-site clinical supervision to individuals pursuing certifications and licensures.
Residential (CADC) Substance Abuse Counselors are responsible for:
• Completing comprehensive assessments of clients’ substance abuse history and treatment requirements and preparing individualized, developmentally appropriate treatment plans
• Providing individual and group counseling and educational programs in accordance with treatment plans
• Documenting treatment and discharge plans and clients’ progress and responses to treatment, as well as maintaining related records and charts
• Performing case management and contributing to client care monitoring
• Caseload typically includes some complex cases requiring more intensive services
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent education and life experience, with a minimum of 100 hours of documented clinical training in counseling theory and practice required
• Current certification as a substance abuse counselor (CADC) or higher licensure in state of Delaware required
• Minimum 2 years of previous experience in substance abuse or mental health counseling required
• Related work experience with an adult population and residential treatment setting required
• An understanding of ASAM criteria is preferred
• This is a full-time position working Tuesday - Saturday, daytime & evening shifts
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, individuals with a disability, and protected veterans.