Gateway Foundation, Inc. is a national, non-profit organization committed to serving individuals with substance use and mental health disorders. Since 1968, Gateway has continuously adapted to provide treatment to meet and exceed the needs of our patientsand communities. We are dedicated to making a difference - we care about our patients, their recovery, their health and their future. Gateway employs over 1,300 people in six states, serving over 30,000 patients a year. In addition to professional developmentopportunities, Gateway Foundation offers employees a market-competitive total rewards package
Provides support to individuals in recovery for a substance use disorder; and coaching on sober living and coping skills. Identifies appropriate resources to eliminate barriers to treatment; consults with other treatment team members to assist clients withrecovery goals and monitor progress.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides support to clients by assisting with treatment goals for recovery through group sessions and helps clients to understand actions needed to successfully achieve treatment goals.
2. Assists clients in making the transition from incarceration to community by serving as an example of sober living and identifying resources, services and support groups to be used in facilitating the transition.
3. Serves as a member of the treatment team by monitoring client behavior and reporting client observations, incidents or unusual occurrences; contributes to decisions regarding treatment plans, conflict intervention or privileges. Assists team in maintainingconsistent setting for treatment, and planning and coordinating client interaction events.
4. Documents and maintains records which may include recording group hours, therapeutic treatments, activity or group participation, and so forth; in accordance with the contractual requirements. Ensures records are complete, accurate, and up to date.
5. Travels to assigned locations to provide support services to clients in Gateway treatment programs or those interested in treatment.
6. Participates in Performance Improvement activities as appropriate.