Alta Mira Recovery Center is a luxury residential rehabilitation center offering comfort, compassion, and world-class clinical care to individuals struggling with addiction and co-occurring disorders. Alta Mira offers a comprehensive set of services that promote health and healing for the body, mind and soul, including: evidence-based individual and group therapy; relapse prevention, 12-step recovery; family and couples therapy; massage; acupuncture; personal training; yoga; spiritual counseling; art and equine-assisted therapy to name a few.
Alta Mira is currently recruiting a full-time Quality Assurance/Compliance Specialist who is responsible for assisting in planning, administering and monitoring all aspects of continuous survey, readiness and compliance with regulatory standards. This person leads and coordinates program initiatives to promote awareness, education, and assure continuous assessment and compliance with all regulatory, state (DHCS,) and The Joint Commission standards. This person also participates independently and in collaboration with corporate/health system wide activities regarding patient safety, regulatory compliance, and performance improvement.
• Masters’ Degree preferred
• Knowledge of state and other applicable regulatory requirements.
• Minimum of one year experience in chart auditing/review, in behavioral health setting.
• Two years’ experience working in substance abuse treatment, preferably in a residential setting.
• Computer typing skills and ability use various software programs
• Joint Commission and/or CARF accreditation experience preferred
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the coordination of compliance with all regulatory, state (DHCS,) The Joint Commission standards, and client insurance requirements.
2. Works in collaboration with all departments (e.g., Clinical, Detox, Facilities, Admissions, etc.) to ensure that all required regulatory submissions and follow-up, including the annual reporting, evidence of standards compliance, response to TJC or DHCS complaint investigations, measures of success and action plans are appropriate and completed in a timely and thorough manner.
3. Continuous Quality Assurance (Section 17020 of DHCS AOD Certification Standards, which include audit of medical records ensuring accurate documentation, psychosocial assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, discharge plans, and discharge summaries.)
4. Management/updating policies and procedures across Residential and IOP, to accurately reflect current standards of operation as required by DHCS, Joint Commission, and other regulatory boards.
5. Initiates and participates in accreditation seminars and activities to maintain current staff competency with regulatory standards and effective compliance strategies. Regularly attends annual TJC update conferences, participates in educational meetings and activities.
6. Manages and responds to Medical Records requests.
7. Act as primary clinical driver of KIPU Electronic Health Records.
8. Assists and acts as a resource to assigned committees and provides education and training for management and staff on the interpretation of standards.
9. Accurate documentation and distribution of notes from Clinical team meetings.
10. Maintenance of Clinical Chart Room.
Alta Mira employees form a team with the highest standards who are individually and collectively committed to provide the highest level of care and service for our clients, their families and referents.
As such, we require all of our employees to embody the Alta Mira Core Values detailed below:
Integrity: We are honest and accountable. By staying true to our authentic selves and respecting the inherent dignity in others, we bring peace and balance to work every day.
Excellence: With a fierce dedication to program excellence, we passionately bring the “Wow Factor” to everything we do.
Innovation: With forward thinking and open minds, we are committed to pioneering leading-edge programs and to delivering clinical solutions customized to each client’s unique needs.
Compassion: Ours is a safe haven of healing, recovery and hope. We treat every individual who walks through our doors with empathy, caring and loving kindness.
Collaboration: We work as a community of healing: clients, families, peers, partners and professionals. Through teamwork and mutual support, we inspire and empower each other to create an unparalleled recovery experience.
Service: We are grateful for the lives we have been given and for the opportunity to give back to those we serve.