The Program Director manages and ensures not only that the program operates according to established policies, procedures, and protocols, but also that is effective. This position is responsible for all on-site staff supervision including the Clinical, Medical, Admissions, and Nursing Directors. The Program Director works in conjunction with the CEO in order to develop reports and other mechanisms to assess the effectiveness and performance of the facility. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
1. Oversees the major administrative functions of the facility including: administration of clinical and medical documentation and record keeping systems; development of operating policies and procedures; managing guest flow and service utilization through defining client intake, treatment paths, and continuing care protocols; facility management including housekeeping and maintenance functions, as well as food service.
2. Assures that the agency's standards of care are met through ongoing consultation with the Medical Director; application of Quality Assurance and Customer Service Programs, implementation of Utilization Review mechanisms.
3. Assures sound fiscal management of the programs in the facility through developing and monitoring all aspects of the budget, assuring maximum bed/service utilization and fee collection.
4. Works in collaboration with Finance to monitor conformance to policies and procedures relative to the fee structure, fee collection, and prior approval for managed care and other insurance carriers. Assures seamless communication between direct medical and clinical functions and agency billing department.
5. Oversees the development and maintenance of a record keeping system which conforms to all applicable monitoring and licensing entities including the establishment of protocols for accessing client records, design, timeliness and thoroughness of documentation, and storage and release of records in conformance with confidentiality regulations. Responsible for assuring that relevant facilities meet applicable health and safety standards.
6. Provides overall management of all facility staff
7. Assists in the development of the marketing strategy and oversees its implementation. Represents the facility services within the agency’s service continuum, in the community, and to external customers.
8. Other related duties as assigned.