Position Overview: The Therapist plans, directs and coordinates medically-approved programs for patients in RCA substance abuse treatment centers hospitals. Inspires and motivates RCA clients and to help them develop tools to work toward recovery using evidence-based and person-centered practices.
* Evaluate clients' mental and physical health, addiction, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment
* Help clients develop treatment goals and plans
* Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
* Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from their addiction or modify their behavior
* Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their recovery
* Teach families about addiction or behavior disorders and help them develop strategies to cope with those problems
* Refer clients to other resources and services, such as job placement services and support groups
* Conduct outreach programs to help people identify the signs of addiction and other destructive behavior, as well as steps to take to avoid such behavior
Education and Experience:
* Master's degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling required or Bachelor's degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling with one of the following licensures: LADC1, LADC2, LCSW, LICSW or LMHC
* One to three years of experience in a behavioral healthcare or substance abuse settings serving culturally diverse populations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
* Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
* Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
* Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
* Knowledge of case management for dual diagnosis patient.
* Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
* Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
* Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
* Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost and quality.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.