The Primary Therapist plays a pivotal role at Soulful Recovery, serving as the main point of contact for each client. Reporting directly to the Clinical Director, the Primary Therapist conducts individual and group therapy sessions, with a focus on fostering long-term behavioral change, compassion, empathy, and building a therapeutic alliance. They also contribute to aftercare planning and attend regular supervision sessions.
At Soulful Recovery, we aim to foster a collaborative and supportive environment for all our coworkers and clients. Whether you are part of our virtual programming or in person, we strive to make everyone feel like they are connected and a welcomed member of the Soulful Team. It is incumbent upon each of us, from the executive director to behavioral health technicians to create the highest quality working environment and addiction treatment for our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct weekly individual counseling sessions with assigned participants to address their progress in treatment.
- Facilitate assigned therapy groups.
- Participate in clinical reviews of participants with the clinical coordinator and other staff members on a weekly basis.
- Develop comprehensive and varied material/curriculum for the assigned topic group.
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate participants during their early recovery journey.
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement aftercare plans for participants.
- Occasionally provide crisis management as needed.
- Occasionally deliver in-house training to clinical staff.
- Regularly attend external training and engage in professional development opportunities.
- Attend conferences periodically to stay updated on industry trends and advancements.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Hold a Master's Degree in Psychology.
- Licensed as an LPC, LAC, CAS or LCSW
- Have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience as a registered psychotherapist.
- Previous experience working with individuals dealing with substance abuse issues.
-Remote only position
-$30-$50 per hour. Room to grow into salary role.
-PTO, Paid Sick Leave
-Professional Development Opportunities
-Health, Vision and Dental Insurance