Main Areas of Responsibility:
We are currently seeking a Primary Therapist with experience in either addictions and/or mental health disorders. This position will be responsible for providing a strong therapeutic relationship to the patient, coordinating the course of treatment within the multidisciplinary treatment team through the formulation, implementation and guidance of a written treatment plan based upon assessed needs. The Primary Therapist will provide support to the family, integrating them in the treatment process when possible. The Primary Therapist will address relapse prevention as well as participate in the coordination of continuing care plans.
· Masters degree from an accredited school in behavioral sciences, counseling, or related human services.
· Licensed Professional. LMHC, LMFT or LCSW and Certified Addiction Professional (CAP)
· 1 to 2 years-experience in an outpatient, day treatment, residential and/or hospital setting addressing the substance dependency and/or mental health issues of identified patients
· Comprehensive understanding of Disease of Addiction and the treatment of individuals with substance dependency and mental health issues
· A comprehensive understanding of the emotional and behavioral effects of addiction
· Exceptional one on one communication skills
· Strong attention to detail as well as strong organization skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to use clinical software and other software programs