Caron Treatment Centers (Caron), headquartered in Wernersville, Pennsylvania, an internationally recognized not-for-profit organization dedicated to substance use disorder and behavioral healthcare treatment, research, prevention, and addiction medicine education is seeking applications and nominations for the position of President & CEO.
With more than 60 years in the field, Caron’s mission is Recovery for Life and has helped thousands of individuals and families begin to manage the chronic, treatable disease of substance use disorder. Caron’s lifesaving, patient-centric behavioral healthcare and substance use disorder treatment programs rooted in clinical expertise and evidence-based practices includes primary, relapse and longer-term in-patient treatment, as well as outpatient, intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization services for adolescents, young adults, adults, and older adults, in addition to services for families affected by the disease of addiction. Caron provides a full continuum of care from pre-treatment services to post-treatment support. For more information, visit www.caron.org.
The President & CEO will support the Board of Trustees and provide the vision, leadership, and effective management for Caron to enhance its preeminent position as an innovator and provider in the field of addiction recovery including research, advocacy, treatment and fundraising. This executive leader will guide Caron through its next phase of growth and development, innovation, and integration, as well as serve as Caron’s public face to a wide array of stakeholders. The President & CEO has executive oversight, as well as operational responsibility for the organization’s employees, programs, budget, fundraising, and related marketing initiatives, and activities
The President & CEO will work in partnership with the Board in implementing Caron’s Strategic Vision and translating the vision into a coherent plan that can be operationalized and measured by results.
Strategic Vision and Leadership
• Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of mission, fundraising, operations, finance, marketing, human resources, technology, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
• Strengthen the reputation and brand of Caron with key funders as measured by the program results while striving to diversify major donor resources including individuals, foundations, governmental organizations, and corporations.
Revenue and Resources
• Ensure that the inflow of funds permits Caron to make continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission, and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future programs and geographic locations.
• Maintain a program of clinical and fiscal information designed to enhance managerial decision-making. Maximize financial and program resources through the approval and monitoring of annual business plans and budgets, maximizing the use and allocation of limited capital and endowment assets while minimizing risks in all areas of Caron’s operations.
Strengthening Infrastructure and Operations
• Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization; create and promote a positive, inclusive work environment that supports consistency throughout the organization's strategy, operational methods, and data collection needs.
• Ensure financial priorities are accurately assessed and prioritized to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program and staff; ensure active monitoring of the cash position and trends to achieve short-range and long-range goals.
• Rationalize the development and delivery of mission plans, initiatives, and activities through new and existing means to measurably impact the human toll and suffering inflicted by chemical dependency and addiction.
• Embody and convey Caron’s mission and core values, as the organization’s chief advocate and develop related communication system for all constituencies - employees, board, volunteers, alumni, marketplace, referents, community, and the field.