Lifeline Connections is a not-for-profit agency that is recognized as a leading behavioral health treatment provider in Washington State, offering a full continuum of care for individuals who have a behavioral health condition. Lifeline Connections' patients receive an unprecedented level of care by highly skilled professionals who know how to help people find and sustain long-term recovery. For over fifty years Lifeline Connections has provided hope, help and healing to thousands of individuals in Washington State and within the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Nursing Director – Posting #20-096
This position is responsible for oversight of all medical services delivered at Lifeline Connections. The Director will organize, direct, supervise and evaluate all medical programs, services and take responsibility for all medical personnel employed by Lifeline Connections. The Director position ensures superior clinical outcomes for Lifeline clients through implementations of an effective on-going program to measure, assess and improve the quality of medical services. In addition, the director is responsible for medical department compliance with Federal, State and local regulations with focused attention to WAC compliance and will create, implement and monitor a budget for all medical services. In fulfilling these duties, the incumbent performs the following duties independently:
• Coordinate medical services with program directors and other necessary personnel;
• Aid in development of new programs;
• Develop and assist with the development of Withdrawal Management and Inpatient policies and procedures;
• Ensure the maintenance of records and reports concerning all medical care delivered in house;
• Direct orientation, training and retention of medical service personnel;
• Maintain physicians’ schedules to ensure daily coverage;
• Complete rounds of the facility daily to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations;
• Provide 24 hour On-Call availability unless otherwise approved by the medical Director.
• Supervise LPN’s, MA/CNA’s and provide backup when needed.
• Triage of all medical complaints prior to request of outside service and prioritize physician’s client contact;
• Ensure necessary equipment, supplies, and staffing is available for the delivery of all prescribed medical care;
• Participate as an appointed member of the agency Safety Committee;
• Direct supervision of the daily operations of the Withdrawal Management Unit, Sobering Unit, Nursing staff, unit supervisors; and
• Provide ongoing teaching and training to all Lifeline Employees on issues regarding medical and nursing services including required trainings.
• Other duties as assigned.