An hour east of Portland, Oregon, situated along the banks of the Columbia River, are the natural hot springs of Bonneville, Washington. The restorative properties of these natural springs have been drawing visitors since the late 1800s. In 2017, Foundations Recovery Network arrived to begin offering co-occurring addiction treatment in a modern lodge setting. In our residential center nestled among the pines, a team of treatment professionals administers a comprehensive, integrated program aimed at addressing the needs of each unique individual. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, group and one-on-one sessions, along with holistic offerings provide patients with the tools needed to get to the root of their issues and find lasting recovery.
FRN is currently seeking an Intake Manager, to oversee the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve the intake system and process to achieve superior customer service. This position will be located at Foundations Recovery Network’s residential facility, located in Bonneville, Washington.
As an Intake Manager, would you appreciate the contribution you would be providing to the program that is so important to our patients? How would you feel knowing that your efforts are integral to both staff and patients alike and that those efforts are absolutely necessary to the success of our mission? We are totally committed to integrating mental health and addictions and we do life-changing work here at Foundations Recovery Network. Are you ready to make a difference?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accountable for the 24-hour delivery of the Intake department, consistent with the mission of the organization; directly observes intakes, reviews records and reports, and communicates with staff and patients to ensure the effective delivery of intakes; takes action promptly when necessary to maintain quality of intakes
• Responsible for implementation and compliance with department policies and procedures which define how intakes are assessed, assigned, evaluated and met during pre-admission, initial diagnosis, planning for levels of care (LOC), initial treatment planning and pre-certification processes
• Maintains daily census and provides assessment for appropriate intakes
• Provides direction and training for all intake staff
• Maintains policies and practice formulations that consider the individual strengths, needs, and preferences of patients served
• Maintains professional relations with staff and external customers
• Communicates and collaborates with nursing department to facilitate an efficient transition of customer into the treatment milieu
• Participates in on-going interdepartmental assessment and provides innovative, responsible dual-diagnosis care with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results
• Recommends medical record documentation methods for the Intake Department; audits records to monitor compliance and standards of care
• Responsible for the accurate collection of patient co-pays, deductibles, and all other out-of-pocket, cash collections (i.e. full self-pay payment plans), at the time of admission
• Works collaboratively with the Admissions Center staff, Utilization Review staff, program leaders, and direct care staff.
• Ensures information is communicated effectively internally as well as externally to patients, families, and referral sources