Main Areas of Responsibility:
Are you looking to find personal and professional fulfillment, and align your career with your values?
At Gateway Foundation, our employees have an opportunity to make a difference every day by helping people with substance abuse issues gain control of their lives.
Gateway Foundation is a recognized non-profit leader in evidence-based treatment proven to get results. Our experts in Addiction Medicine—including highly educated clinical and medical professionals and expert psychiatrists and nurses—deliver care that never stops. Throughout Gateway’s proud history of helping others, dedicated and professional employees have been vital to accomplishing our life-saving mission.
If you are a collaborative professional who shares our commitment to helping people with substance abuse and mental health issues turn their lives around – GATEWAY IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!
The Counselor III is responsible for:
-Completes comprehensive assessments and treatment planning and provides counseling services to clients.
-Develops and implements complex treatment and discharge plans for clients with dual diagnoses, social or mental health issues.
-Serves as professional resource to others in resolving complex case problems and may provide clinical supervision as needed.
-Develops and may facilitate trainings for treatment staff.
-Assumes responsibility for overseeing counselors in absence of supervisor.
- Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work or a related field required.
- Current professional license in the state of Texas required as a LCSW or LPC
- At least 4 years clinical experience desired, with concurrent experience in the treatment of substance abuse and dual-diagnoses highly preferred.
- Previous work experience in a corrections environment a plus.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance as required by Harris County.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
Gateway Foundation values its employees and provides an inclusive and diverse work environment where dedicated employees can make a difference. We are committed to engaging and rewarding our employees in meaningful ways. For eligible employees, we provide a Total Rewards Package that includes:
• Health Insurance - Including a wellness premium incentive opportunity
• Dental & Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off - Including 18 days of PTO and 9 paid holidays in the first year
• Catastrophic Absence Time (CAT) - Accrue up to seven days annually, to be used during an extended personal illness
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Commuter Accounts
• 403(b) Retirement Plan with company match
• Life and AD&D Insurance
• Long-Term Disability (LTD)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Gateway is a qualified employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Training & Development Programs
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.