Pearl of the Sea Retreat is a new startup addiction healing facility on beautiful Anastasia Island in Saint Augustine, Florida. Our facility is a luxurious mansion on the Intracoastal Waterway. We are seeking a world-class Director of Nursing with a proven track record of success in leading/growing teams in addiction treatment/behavioral health. This position, along with the Executive Director and other senior staff will make up the original management team of Pearl of the Sea Retreat. The Director of Nursing has the opportunity to help build an evidence-based program which provides best-in-class client outcomes.
- Develops maintain, and implemens nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operational policies, while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Communicate and interpret policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitorsnursing staff’s implementation of those policies/procedures.
- Participate in admission decisions and may evaluate prospective patients before admission.
- Participate in team meetings to discuss patient status, census changes, and personnel or resident complaints/concerns.
- Evaluate the work performance of all nursing personnel, assist in the determination of wage increases, and implement discipline, if needed, according to operational policies.
- Ensure delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing supervision.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and application of Key Clinical Quality Indicators, and proactively implement and monitor systems to achieve and/or surpass company benchmarks.
- Exercise overall supervision of patient assessments and treatment plans as they apply to nursing services.
- Review 24-hour reports from every unit daily to monitor and ensure timely and effective responses to significant changes in clients’ conditions, transfers, discharges, use of restraints, unexplained injuries, falls, behavioral episodes, and medication errors.
- Collaborate with physicians, consultants, community agencies, and institutions to improve the quality of services and to resolve identified problems.
- Coordinate nursing services with all other departments.
- Oversee nursing schedules to assure they meet patient needs and regulatory and budgetary standards.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of nursing personnel and assure that sufficient staff are hired.
- Oversee and supervise the development and delivery of in-service education to equip nursing staff with sufficient knowledge and skills to provide compassionate, quality care and respect for patient rights.
- Proactively develop positive employee relations, incentives, and recognition programs.
- Promote teamwork, mutual respect, and effective communication.
- Perform rounds to observe care and to interview staff, patients, families or other interested parties.
- Other requirements and responsibilities will be made available on the official Job Description.