Pearl of the Sea Retreat is a new startup addiction healing facility on beautiful Anastasia Island in Saint Augustine, Florida. Our facility is a luxurious mansion on the Intracoastal Waterway. We are seeking a world-class Director of Admissions with a proven track record of success in leading/growing teams in addiction treatment/behavioral health. This position, along with the Executive Director and other senior staff will make up the original management team of Pearl of the Sea Retreat. The goal of this management team will be to build an evidence-based program which provides best-in-class client outcomes.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the admissions staff.
- Ensure that admissions staff is properly trained.
- Address personnel issues to promote a productive and supportive work environment.
- Collaborate with the senior management team to develop, implement, and evaluate the screening, assessment, and admissions process, as well as the overall quality of the clinical program.
- Work closely with other Pearl of the Sea Retreat employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Accomplish admissions human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and disciplining employees; communicate job expectations; monitor and coach regarding job performance; enforce policies and procedures.
- Achieve admissions operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; create and implement productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identify and resolve problems; complete audits; determine system improvements; implement change.
- Design, establish, and maintain procedures and policies to assure high bed occupancy and to control bed availability and client traffic.
- Prevent admissions conflicts by conferring with nurses and clinical team members on admissions priorities and bed availability; identify issues needing resolution; resolve disagreements/conflicts and/or refer issues to others who are in a position to make decisions.