Main Areas of Responsibility:
• Monitors and observes clients, ensures their safety and well-being, and provides motivational support and guidance to assist them in meeting therapeutic goals.
• Reports client observations and contributes to treatment decisions concerning therapy, discipline, and privileges.
• Monitors clients in medication self-administration, collects urine samples from clients for laboratory screening and administer breathalyzer to clients for detection of alcohol use.
• Supports treatment plans by scheduling and coordinating client transportation, assisting in planning client interactive events, and so forth.
• Provide security for the medical building.
• High school diploma or equivalency required
• Minimum of 6 months of training or equivalent knowledge of substance abuse treatment theory and practices
• Previous work experience with an adult population in a residential or outpatient setting is preferred
• Must be able to respectfully interact with substance abuse clients and form a working therapeutic alliance
• Valid driver’s license in state of residence and good driving record required
~Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.~