Department(s): Clinical / Administration
Reports to Interim CEO & Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt; On-site
Salary: $75,000 to $85,000 per year
Application: Submit cover letter and resume via: https://indeedhi.re/3stGWfV
Be a part of a team that focuses on hope, transformation and recovery every day! Join Casa Treatment Center as we support our patients battling addiction. Founded in 1967, Casa is one of the only treatment centers in Southern California designed to specifically meet the needs of women in recovery. Casa Treatment Center is a residential, outpatient, and sober living substance abuse facility headquartered in Pasadena. Casa is licensed by the State of California Department of Health Care Services and accredited as a behavioral health care program by the Joint Commission.
• Comprehensive Benefits Package: Employer Paid Health/Dental/Vision Benefits, and Life Insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off plans
• 403 B – Simple IRA with company match
The Director of Clinical Services is a member of the leadership team and reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The Director of Clinical Services role is designed to ensure that Casa is delivering quality and ethical addiction treatment services utilizing industry best-practices.
This position requires a 24-hour on-call availability. The position requires engagement with the Board of Directors, vendors, management, staff, clients, foundations, individual donors and corporations.
Day-to-day Operations of Treatment Programs
• Direct supervision and evaluation of all clinical employees.
• Provides clinical supervision meeting payer, California Department of Health Care Services, and The Joint Commission accreditation, CCAPP, CADTP, and CAADE certification/registration requirements.
• Coordination of in-service training program for all staff. (Ensure that all staff receive required training related to each contract and licensure requirement on an annual basis) Maintain Staff Training database (currently using Relias).
• Maintain competency and understanding of all contract and license requirements effecting the organization by ensuring that all requirements and regulations are incorporated into procedures and ultimately adhered to, including but not limited to: California Department of Health Care Services, Drug Medi-Cal, County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health Substance Abuse Prevention and Control, private insurance, The Joint Commission/CARF requirements.
• Facilitates weekly scheduled clinical and caseload conference, department head, and administrative meetings.
• Oversees the training and implementation of organization’s electronic health records system and onboarding processes.
• Ensure SAGE Licensed Professional of the Healing Art’s worklist remains current and completed either directly or through delegation to supervised LPHA’s.
• When necessary and needed, carry a client caseload and provide program services as other responsibilities permit.
• Risk Assessment and Crisis Management: Conduct initial Risk Assessments for clients flagged for potential high-risk to self or others. Facilitation action plans accordingly. Assist clients in distress, guiding them toward emotional regulation and stabilization.
• Staff Communication: Inform the treatment team of policy changes and ensure implementation of those changes.
• Managed Care: Performs utilization review and communicates with managed care providers and/or peer to peer professionals to ensure that clients are placed in the appropriate level care and receives clinically indicated services. Secures extensions of care when necessary.
Program Development, Management and Evaluation
• Evaluation of Program Services: Conduct ongoing program evaluations to ensure clinical services and programs are current with industry best-practices and meet all state and regulatory, standards and requirements
• Monitoring Program Efficacy: Identify policies, procedures or practices that are hindering productivity and offer recommendations for improvement
• Assessing Clinical Services: Conduct quarterly chart audits utilizing clinical tracers to ensure quality clinical service delivery. Conduct quarterly observational group evaluation to ensure quality of group facilitation techniques.
• Program Development: Design, develop and implement specialized programs to meet the unique needs of clients, alumna and their families
• Ancillary Services Development: Design, develop and implement ancillary services as indicated by client feedback and industry trends and best practices
• Delivery of Treatment Services: Supervise clinical staff ensure clinically appropriate and indicated treatment.
• Clinical Staff Meetings: Facilitate weekly clinical staff meetings to inform and assist staff in the provision of appropriate client care.
• Client Assessments: Complete clinical assessments on clients and identify “high-risk” individuals and implement safety plans and/or ensure client is placed in the appropriate level of care.
• Utilization Review: Assist staff with the completion of the Utilization Review documentation for submission to managed care providers.
• Practicum Program: Manages, educates, supervises and trains MFT candidates during their clinical internship.
Position requires going up and down stairs; lift 20 pounds, finger dexterity; good vision, hearing, oral communication and critical thinking on a regular basis. May occasionally work longer than 8 hours/day and weekends.
This position is best filled by individuals with a successful track record of developing and implementing programmatic changes as informed by data outcomes. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to engage a wide range of team functions and dynamics. Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical quality improvement initiatives.
• LMFT, LCSW, and/or LPCC eligible to supervise Trainees and Associates in practicum.
• Must have sound knowledge and in experience working with DHCS, Drug Medi- Cal and County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health Substance Abuse and Control (SAPC) contracts.
• 3 + years working in a senior management position in a treatment center setting.
• Experience implementing, navigating, and working in SAPC SAGE Electronic Health Records with competency in all components.
• Mastery of American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Assessment Criteria, Dimensions and Recommended Levels of Care.
• Competency in Medical Necessity and Diagnostic Services Manual 5 diagnosis.
• Experience in Quality Improvement of Clinical Services.
• Ability to abide by HIPAA and HIPAA Privacy Rule and 42 CFR, Part 2.
• Board of Behavioral Health Sciences Certified Supervisor.
• Program Development, evaluation and strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Extensive experience working in group and individual settings for a substance use disorder treatment facility.
• Experience working with a diverse population and committed to diversity and inclusion.
• CPR & First Aid certified.
• Able to pass drug/alcohol test on a regular basis.
• TB/Flu Shot/Health Screening required.
• Valid CA driver’s license.
• Knowledge of 12-Step Recovery Program.
Casa Treatment Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.