Clinical Director – Chrysalis House, Crownsville Maryland
The Clinical Director will provide clinical oversight to clients as well as both clinical and personnel supervision of the clinical staff consisting of addiction counselors and licensed mental health therapists and to ensure continuous quality improvement and timely comprehensive documentation reviews.
The Clinical Director will play a key role in the planning and implementing strategies for program continuation and growth. The position serves on the Chrysalis House leadership team reporting directly to the Executive Director of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Management and oversight clinical and nursing teams and recruitment of staff as needed.
• Supervises screening of all potential clients to ensure admission decisions are made in accordance with program mission and appropriate clinical and medical available capabilities.
• Ensure that all clinical session notes provided by clinicians are reviewed and approved weekly including spot audits as needed in accord with current Policies and Procedures regarding documentation.
• Follow up with staff when individual and group notes are missing or late and set deadlines for submittal and signature approval.
• Ensure that all client reauthorizations requested by the Director of Program Support Services are submitted timely to the state Administrative Services Organization and are consistent with client treatment plans prior to submission
• Provide scheduled clinical supervision of certified addiction counselors as required by the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists and document session notes in a timely fashion.
• Ensure audits of all clinical documentation be conducted on an ongoing basis by reviewing random files for accuracy and timeliness.
• Preside over weekly clinical meetings of addiction counselors and mental health therapists and ensure meeting minutes are distributed to attendees.
• Maintain small caseload of clients as needed and ensure that Clinical Director’s individual and group notes are submitted weekly in accordance with standard operating procedure required by clinical staff.
• Work collaboratively with the Deputy Executive Director of Programs to develop and modify the weekly program schedule as needed to ensure that all group meetings are appropriately staffed in the event of a counselor’s absence.
• Assume client caseload responsibilities during times of workforce shortage and conduct groups upon as needed. Oversee monthly Family Education program and facilitate sessions as needed.
• Responsible for the administration of standards and procedures related to the clinical program in accordance with state/federal guidelines, the Chrysalis House Code of Ethics, and clinical best practices.
• In collaboration with the Deputy Executive of Programs, support quarterly audits with state and local regulatory bodies including Health Departments, local addiction authorities and the Maryland Behavioral Health Administration to assure continued compliance.
• Conduct reviews of program services and recommend changes to meet client needs with particular emphasis on services for underserved populations.
• Develop, maintain, evaluate, and update agency documentation deemed necessary for the proper management of the agency Electronic Medical Record (CREDIBLE) in accordance with federal and state regulations.
• Review client records for appropriate interventions, documentation, adherence to accepted standards of clinical practice, and compliance with state/federal regulations.
• Work collaboratively with Director of Performance Improvement to evaluate if standard operating procedure of the clinical office are leading to optimum client outcomes. Review quarterly outcomes data to determine trends in client progress.
• Supervise and meet with nursing team (Licensed Practical Nurse, Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner) to enhance basic onsite care of patients, including medication management.
• Serve as agency point person with academic institutions who partner with agency on studies of client population and behavioral prior to, during and after treatment at Chrysalis House.