Spectrum Health Systems, Inc. seeks a Chief Clinical Officer (CCO). Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the CCO will be an integral member of the executive leadership team.
Founded in 1969, Spectrum is a private, non-profit substance abuse and mental health treatment provider serving more than 80,000 clients annually. It has been on the forefront of substance abuse and mental health treatment, helping thousands of individuals overcome addiction to lead satisfying and productive lives. Over the past forty-seven years, Spectrum has become New England's leading addiction treatment provider, providing a continuum of CARF accredited addiction and mental health treatment services.
The Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) is a senior executive position and architect of Spectrum’s clinical service delivery system. The CCO is responsible for the leadership, development, and evaluation of Spectrum’s company-wide clinical services division. He/She has authority and is accountable for the establishment of clinical policies, standards, and practices of client care. The CCO ensures treatment services are researched and evidenced based, comply with “best practices” and demonstrate positive outcomes. The CCO is responsible for the leadership and development of a company-wide competency-based clinical development and training program for all clinical staff. In partnership with our customers and consumers, the CCO will promote an atmosphere of customer service and excellence in service delivery throughout the organization
The ideal candidate has proven success in clinical leadership in inpatient and outpatient substance abuse and mental health services. He/she has a strong customer service orientation and is a committed leader focused on the mission and success of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- An advanced degree in behavioral health or healthcare management required, PhD preferred. State license in social work, mental health counseling or another related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a senior management position.
- Some for-profit experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and overseeing the delivery of effective evidenced based clinical services to the public and private pay market.
- Success in developing strong working relationships with third party payors in-network and out of network Manage Care Organizations (MCO), Commercial Insurance, Employee Assistance Programs, and ACO Preference.
- Demonstrated success with business development initiatives.