Main Areas of Responsibility:
• Completes comprehensive assessment of clients’ substance abuse history and treatment requirements, and prepares individualized developmentally appropriate treatment plan.
• Provides individual and group counseling, and educational programs in accordance with treatment plan.
• Documents treatment and discharge plans, and clients’ progress and responses to treatments; and maintains related records and charts.
• Performs case management and contributes to client care monitoring.
• Caseload typically includes some complex cases requiring more intensive services.
• Current state certification as a Certified Addictions Professional (CAP), Certified Justice Addictions Professional (CCJAP), Certified Associate Addictions Professional (CAAP) or Certified Criminal Justice Associate Addictions Professional (CCJAAP) is required.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, mental health counseling, or substance abuse counseling preferred
• Ability to perform assessment, treatment planning, and counseling, and provide intensive services for some complex cases, with minimal supervision and direction, at a level normally acquired through two years prior experience in the substance abuse field