Main Areas of Responsibility:
MGA is currently seeking a therapist to provide clinical services which include individual, family, and group therapies, and to assist in the establishment and maintenance of a therapeutic milieu.
• Provide individual, group, and family therapy
• Collect information about residents through interviews, observation, and tests
• Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge
• Knowledge of "best practices" and evidence-based behavioral medicine treatment delivery and methodologies
• Act as client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
• Identify emergency signals and situations, and react appropriately
• Collaborate with other staff members to ensure resident’s treatment needs are met
• Meet with families, probation officers, police, and other interested parties in order to exchange necessary information during the treatment process
• Refer residents or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary
• Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting resident.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling programs and residents' progress in addressing identified problems and moving towards defined objectives
• Master’s degree from an accredited school in Psychology, Social Work, or a related mental health field.
• Applicable state license (e.g. LICSW)
• Post-graduate experience in a therapeutic setting, preferably with children and/or adolescents with emotional disturbance
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Sensitivity to racial, cultural, economic, and gender specific issues
• Competitive Compensation
• Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
• Relocation Benefits