Main Areas of Responsibility:
As Illinois’ largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts abouta diverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement,training and development and on-site clinical supervision to individuals pursuing certifications and licensures.
Admissions Counselors (CADC, LPC, LSW) are responsible for:
• Coordinating admission into treatment program by conducting interviews of clients or their representatives to obtain relevant information, completing comprehensive assessment, and preparing initial treatment plan
• Determining eligibility for insurance coverage or medical assistance
• Completing admission forms and obtaining necessary consent signatures
• Responding to inquiries regarding treatment program and available services
• In residential centers, completing census counts and maintaining waiting lists
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent education and life experience, with a minimum of 100 hours of documented clinical training in counseling theory and practice required
• Current certification as a substance abuse counselor (CADC) or higher licensure (LPC, LSW) in state of hire required
• Minimum 2 years of previous experience in substance abuse or mental health counseling required
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females and individuals with a disability and protected veterans.