Main Areas of Responsibility:
Position Overview: The Admissions Coordinator will facilitate and evaluate therapeutic, medical and financial arrangements of incoming chemically dependent patients and/or family members.
* Provides appropriate orientation to program aspects post admission, including documentation and data input into computer system.
* Assures prompt responses to patient needs, reviews and maintains all documents and departmental logs, and ensures fair distribution of patients to physicians.
* Provides telephone and in person assessments and, initial contact with referral sources and potential patients, coordinates the referral and intake process, determines appropriate level of care and maintains communication with referral sources, families, patients and unit staff.
* Collects and analyzes data related to departmental performance indicators.
* Assists counselors and other senior program staff in crisis intervention as needed.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in psychology or related field or related experience
* Minimum of 2 years' experience working in admissions in a substance abuse services
* Knowledge of HIPAA policies and procedures
* Proficient with Microsoft Office.
* Strong communication and negotiation skills.