This position serves as Wellbridge’s primary general medical clinician and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of a licensed inpatient medically-supervised stabilization and withdrawal management service. Carries out the Wellbridge vision, values and overall strategic planning, clinical management, patient care, and quality management. Promotes service standards and creates a patient-focused caring environment while addressing and meeting the individual needs of all patients. Fosters an environment of collaboration and respect with physician colleagues, nurses and other healthcare team members.
Patient Care/Clinical Practice:
- Achieve exceptional patient outcomes
- Assessment, diagnosis and management of all Wellbridge patients
- Responsible for general medical functions for Wellbridge, including primary coverage of stabilization and withdrawal management as well as consultation coverage of all other treatment settings on campus
- Work collaboratively with the Medical Director to oversee the development of personalized treatment plans for each individual Wellbridge patient
- Accountable for driving innovation through implementation of approaches, capitalizing on technology, integration of research and educating all staff
- Maintain understanding of current treatments, knowledge, and practices in addiction care.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for patients that is conducive to positive health teaching, and maintenance; patient and family expectations of care; develops mechanism to assess same.
- Develops unit goals and objectives to support the institutional values and goals, with input from staff.
- Recognizes the need for patient care to be delivered in a culturally sensitive manner and models sensitivity to staff.
Program Management and Innovation:
- Provide management for daily operations of a licensed inpatient medically supervised stabilization and withdrawal management service including supervision of physician extenders (PA/NPs)
- Develop and maintain standard policies, procedures to ensure quality services and compliance with accrediting entities.
- Strategically identify opportunities for translational medicine and innovation.
- Collaborate with Wellbridge research team to develop a measurement-based care system to guide program improvement.
- Foster clinician and staff development.
- Manage and promote relationship with academic and research institutions to promote addiction research and training.
Supervision and Support:
- Model the Wellbridge philosophy of patient-centeredness, empowerment, and cultural proficiency and provide direct clinical Planning and Coordination
- Conduct regular clinical team meetings
- Work closely with the advocacy, residential, and legal teams to coordinate services to patients
- Makes recommendations and provides opportunities for growth and development of personnel and arranges for appropriate education and training.
- Responds in a timely fashion to staff concerns and functions proactively to retain staff
- Establishes unit metrics and goals to measure effectiveness of retention strategies.
- Meet with the Executive Leadership team to review issues affecting patient care, patient satisfaction, and general operations and performance
- Assist with community presentations, as applicable